Cosmic Gate – Back 2 Back 4
|Funny as it might seem, it takes a lot for a group to ‘recover’ from the runaway success of a global top 10 single… especially when it’s one of their first. Possessing both innovation and determination in equally large measures, Bossi and Nic Chagall were never going to sit back and let that happen… By any measure you care to choose, Cosmic Gate’s regeneration is complete… 2.0 achieved. The ghost of ‘Fire Wire’ laid to rest… once and for all.
Last year saw them produce and deliver their forth consummately fine artist album. A ‘slam-dunk’ as they say on the other side of the pond, what ‘Sign of the Times’ did in terms of contributing to the success of Cosmic Gate’s ‘09 is hard to overstate. A highest-climber move into the top 20 on DJ Mag’s Top 100 chart, a clutch of hot-house singles & remixes and a small matter of a couple of 2010 International Dance Music Award nominations – all after effects of a hugely embraced album.
Now for their first major manoeuvre of 2010, the lads are bringing back their much-loved Back 2 Back compilation album for a (possibly slightly overdue) 4th outing. Compiled and mixed throughout the course of their recent South America tour and even more specifically whilst on the Rio de Janeiro leg, the 2 discs serve as new maps to their musical minds. From the deeper, more progressive half of their brains, disc 1 summons sound-scaping atmospherics including Greg Morrison’s ‘Another Suggestion’, Blake Jarrell’s ‘Galapagos’ and the Moonbeam produced, Daniel Mimra vocalled slow-burner ‘Look Around. As it reaches, and then crosses the halfway point, Nic and Bossi start to open the gate and allow more melodic entities to enter. Estiva & Temple One’s ‘November Lovely and Cosmic Gate’s own remix of Kyau & Albert’s ‘I Love You’, numbered among them.
Back 2 Back 4’s second disc brings in more heavyweight studio operators. Rank 1 & Jochem Miller’s current collaboration ‘The Great Escape’, Ronski Speed’s ‘Denva’ and – in its Nic Chagall remix form – Marco V & Jonathan Mendelsohn’s Coming Back’ all lie in wait. C.G. themselves are also well represented here… Inspired by their time in Rio, their next single ‘Barra’ (the video for which has just gone online on their YouTube Channel) opens the disc while and fan-favourite ‘London Rain’ has also been given a special Back 2 Back 4 re-shape for inclusion.
If this audio-fusillade sounds all too appealing, well we might be able to help in putting a copy of Back 2 Back 4 into you hands. Black Hole has given us 10 copies, signed by Nic and Bossi to put up for grabs. All you have to do to be in with a shout of grabbing one is to tell us your top 3 Cosmic Gate tracks or remixes. Easy!
Back 2 Back 4 Mixed by Cosmic Gate is out on the first of March thru Black Hole Recordings.
- Mike Shiver & Aruna – Everywhere You Are (Duderstadt Rmx)
- Glenn Morrison – Another Suggestion
- Moonbeam feat. Daniel Mimra – Look Around
- Boy Hagemann – Night Vision (Original Mix)
- Patric La Funk – Calisto
- Blake Jarrell – Galapagos
- Jason Van Wyk – Once Again (Original Mix)
- Estiva & Temple One – November Lovely (Estiva Mix)
- Kyau & Albert – I Love You (Cosmic Gate Remix)
- Lost Stories – Flight 447
- First State – Cape Point
- Michael Angelo & Solo feat. Denise Rivera – Alone (Ashley Wallbridge Rmx)
- Alex Armes – Hypnotize (Original Mix)
- Spartaque & Slava Flash – Open Air
- Cosmic Gate – Barra (Extended Mix)
- David Forbes – Katsu (Original Mix)
- Mat Zo – 24 Hours (Oliver Smith Mix)
- Lange presents Firewall – Wanderlust
- Alexander Popov – Metropolis (Original Mix)
- Rank 1 vs Jochen Miller – The Great Escape (Extended)
- DJ Eco presents Pacheco – Staring At The Sea (Original Mix)
- Marco V feat. Jonathan Mendelsohn – Coming Back (Nic Chagall Remix)
- Cosmic Gate – London Rain (Back 2 Back 4 ReDub)
- Jer Martin – Ten Minutes To Midnight (Original Club Mix)
- George Acosta feat. Fisher – Tearing Me Apart (DNS Project Remix)
- Ron van den Beuken vs Crossed Eyes – Terminal 44 (MDJ Remix)
- Ronski Speed – Denva
- Swen Weber – Xonque (Julian Vegas Remix)
Tags: Back 2 Back 4, Black Hole Recordings, Club Lounge Radio, Cosmic Gate